Chicago, Illinois – Sunn, a human centered internet of things company, has launched the Sunn Circadian Lighting app which helps people improve their sleep at night and alertness during the day by keeping the body’s “biological clock,” or 24-hour cycle (circadian rhythm), in sync with the natural cycle of lighting we evolved for. Specifically, the Sunn app promotes circadian rhythm alignment by automatically tuning the color and brightness of indoor lighting to be in sync with sunlight outside during the day and warm firelight at night.
Sunn’s proprietary “biological clock” algorithms control for any location, time of year and time of day. The Sunn app works with Philips Hue, LIFX, and Apple HomeKit – enabled smart lights. The Sunn app is free for a limited time and available worldwide in the App Store.
“We believe everyone deserves healthy and comfortable lighting. From the home to the small office, Sunn provides the right dose of light at the right time. The app is sleek, easy to use, and works with tons of lighting brands.” – John, Chief Executive Officer and Cofounder of Sunn
“Sunn is an app that makes your lights tell time. It connects your smart lighting to the natural rhythm of daylight outside and provides gentle cues to signal the time of day to your body, helping you to make the most of your day and prepare for rest at night.”
– Kelton, Chief Design Research Officer and Cofounder of Sunn
The Sunn Lighting Experience:
The Sunn app invigorates the indoors with comfortable bioactive lighting for the home or small office. In the morning, Sunn makes smart lights rise with the sun, gradually brightening and changing color to foster wakefulness and assist the body’s natural suppression of melatonin. During the day, the lights track the sun and slowly become cooler to promote alertness. As the day winds down, the lights become warmer and bring the setting sun indoors. At night, the Sunn app slowly adjusts the lights to emanate the calming glow of firelight, a biological indicator that prepares the body for rest and promotes the body’s nighttime production of melatonin.
Sunn App Benefits:
* Easier to wake up in the morning
* Improved alertness during the day
* Quicker time to fall asleep at night
* Comfortable lighting all day long
* Impress your friends with simulated sunsets and sunrises
* Minimize late night light disruption
* Regulate your circadian rhythm
Sunn App Exclusives:
* Sunn Sync – Automatically sync indoor lights with sunlight to promote circadian alignment and help regulate a balanced sleep-wake cycle
* Background Sync – Keep lights synced with the sun even when the app is in the background
* Moonlight Shake – Shake the phone to provide just the right amount of light to get around late at night while preserving your night vision
* Light Travel – Prepare to travel to a new destination or adjust to your current location; Change lights to match the light cycle for any location in the world
* Seasons – Escape the winter blues. Adjust lights to any time of year
* Sunn Dial – Focus or relax; Adjust lights to any time of day
* iPhone 4s or newer, iPad 3rd Gen or newer, or iPod touch 5th Gen or newer
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* 27.8 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
The Sunn app (version 1.6) is free for a limited time and available worldwide through the App Store in the Lifestyle category and Google Play Store.
Located in Chicago, IL. Sunn was founded in 2013 by a team from Cornell University on a mission to improve the quality of life through light. Sunn’s lighting control algorithms automatically mimic what’s going on outside – down to the minute – to help people tune in to rhythms found in nature. All Material and Software (C) 2013-2015 Zunn Labs, Inc. DBA Sunn / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.