Vienna, Austria – Independent developer Joerg Piringer has updated his music creation app RealBeat for Mac computers. Available for download from the Mac App Store this software enables the users to record and manipulate sounds in an immediate and fun way.
RealBeat is a sampler software that enables the users to record sounds, cut and loop and create rhythms out of them. It also features an easy way to let the computer speak in different voices and use it as a source material for rhythms and loops. Finally you can export created tracks as ringtones to your iPhone (via iTunes).
* Simple interface
* Sampler (record sounds easily)
* Export track as ringtone (make your own ringtones)
* Text to Speech (let your computer speak for you)
* Auto sample (samples short samples automatically based on a threshold)
* Looping of sounds
* Modify the sound (pitch, reverse, distortion, reverb, …)
* Sequencer (make rhythms)
* Semi-automatic rhythm creation
* Patterns (modify the rhythm easily)
* Export sounds
* Resample sounds
* Works with internal microphone (or line-in) and external sound interfaces
RealBeat for Mac is not a fully fledged sequencer or sound software it rather offers simple and fast access to sampling and manipulating recorded sounds live or at home.
* Intel Mac with OSX 10.6.7 or later
* 2.5 MB
Pricing and Availability
RealBeat 1.5.0 for Mac is $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies). Available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Music category. Free promo codes available to the press.
Jorg Piringer is a media artist, musician and poet living in Vienna, Austria. He is a member of the Vegetable Orchestra and the Institute for Transacoustic Research. He works as a freelance artist and researcher in the fields of electronic music, radio art, sound and visual electronic poetry, online communities, live performance, sound installation, computer games and video art. Copyright (C) 2012 Jorg Piringer. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.