Rancho Cordova, California – Now teachers around the world can use their iPads(TM) to monitor student progress anytime, anywhere with today’s launch of PowerTeacher(TM) Mobile, a free app from Pearson, the global leader in education technology and services. The company developed this first in a series of iPad apps for PowerSchool(R), the most widely used and fastest growing student information system, as part of its overall commitment to leverage emerging technologies to personalize learning for all students.
PowerTeacher, a component of PowerSchool, is a revolutionary online gradebook, providing the latest technology for true standards-based grading. With this free iPad app, PowerTeacher Mobile, teachers are no longer limited to their desk or laptop when using the gradebook. They can record student scores and make observations about student progress from individual student desks, the gym, playground, at a sporting event, or while on a field trip.
“While PowerTeacher Mobile has tremendous potential at all grade levels, I am particularly excited about the ways that elementary teachers will be able to take advantage of the app to collect more and better data about their students’ progress,” said Paul Fletcher, president of the School Systems group of Pearson. “Careful progress monitoring and intervention during children’s formative years is so critical to their future success, and with our free gradebook app, teachers will have the ability to record assessments and share results with their colleagues and students’ parents anytime, anywhere, in real time.”
The new PowerTeacher Mobile iPad App is the most recent addition to the technology being developed as part of Pearson’s global digital and mobile learning initiatives. The company has created more than 100 apps for learners of all ages, including its Algebra Prep app series, which ranked No. 1 in the iTunes App Store when it debuted last year.
“To support the millions of teachers and students around the world using PowerSchool, we strive to continually ensure that our student information system is ahead of the curve and integrates seamlessly with cutting-edge technology,” said Bryan MacDonald, chief technology officer for the School Systems group of Pearson. “The latest example of this company-wide commitment to innovation, PowerTeacher Mobile 1.0, combines the power of Apple’s latest development in mobile computing with our revolutionary web-based gradebook.”
Now available for free download in the Apple(R) iTunes(R) App Store, PowerTeacher Mobile integrates seamlessly with the PowerTeacher gradebook. With Version 1.0 of the iPad app, teachers can:
* Create and score assignments – Teachers will be able to quickly create assignments, enter scores and comments, and update final grades
* View student groups – Student learning groups and teams are available to support differentiated instruction and assessment
* Manage class rosters – Enrollment changes that occur in the front office will automatically be reflected in PowerTeacher Mobile
* View student demographics – Student demographic information and photos entered in the office will automatically be available to teachers
* Email students and contacts – Teachers are able to quickly send email messages to parents and students
* Access student alerts – Medical, guardian, discipline, and other alerts created in the front office are visible to teachers
* Easily connect – Teachers simply enter their school ZIP code, and PowerTeacher Mobile automatically connects to their PowerSchool database
* Trust the security of their data – Teachers are able to access only their own schools and classes they teach and can log in using their existing account information
* Access support – Support for PowerTeacher Mobile is built right into the app
* PowerSchool version 188.8.131.52 is required to use PowerTeacher Mobile
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.2 or later
* 2.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
PowerTeacher Mobile 1.0 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category. Please visit Pearson School Systems for more information about PowerSchool and PowerTeacher.
Pearson (NYSE: PSO), the global leader in education services, education technology and school solutions, provides innovative print and digital education materials for preK through college, student information systems and learning management systems, teacher professional development, career certification programs, and testing and assessment products that set the standard for the industry. Pearson’s other primary businesses include the Financial Times Group and the Penguin Group. Copyright (C) 2010 Pearson Education, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
DailyAppShow.Com provides video iPhone, iPad, Mac and Android App Reviews to help you discover new apps and make better app purchase decisions. Whether you are looking for iPhone App Reviews, iPad App Reviews, Android App Reviews or Mac App Reviews. We have you covered. Update! We are now posting Android Tablet App Reviews and Windows Phone App Reviews.