Anaheim, California – Independent software developer Reggie Ashworth today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of AppDelete Lite 3.2.2, a major update to his very popular application deletion utility for Mac OS X available via the Mac App Store. With a simple Drag & Drop, AppDelete Lite will uninstall anything along with all of the associated items. Mac users will no longer have to hunt through their system to find and delete these items manually.
You can drag any item that can be uninstalled onto AppDelete Lite: Applications, Widgets, Preference Panes, Plugins, Screensavers, etc. You can also activate AppDelete Lite in many ways: dragging items onto main window, onto dock icon, selecting in menu, dragging from Launchpad, and throwing items in the trash. When the preview screen appears you can uncheck any items you would like to exclude.
You also have several choices: delete the items, log only the items, or archive (copy) the items to a .zip file for safekeeping or reinstall at a later date. The items you delete will be moved to the trash and arranged in a folder so that you can see exactly what was deleted and you know exactly where it came from. The items will not be removed from your computer until you empty them from your trash. Note: items requiring an administrator password must be deleted manually to comply with App Store guidelines, but this can be done quickly by clicking the pathname links in the AppDelete Lite Info panel, revealing in Finder, and moving them to the trash.
Version 3 has been rewritten and redesigned to take advantage of the latest technologies and to provide the best experience ever. In Version 3.2.2 files that don’t require an administrator password can be deleted automatically, and the Delete button has been re-introduced to accomplish this. All of the Help files are now completely localized and there have been a number of overall localization edits and updates. The status bar on the AppDelete main window now updates during processing which can be beneficial for people using Universal Access. There has also been major improvements when searching for apps by Kind, along with all-around searching improvements. An issue where AppDelete might not give notification sounds has also been fixed. Finally, there were other miscellaneous optimizations along with a new icon.
New in Version 3.2:
* Optimized for Lion (still backwards compatible with Snow Leopard)
* Available via the Mac App Store
* 5 new languages: Danish, Dutch, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian), and Russian
* Quick panels now have filtering in the menu (Name, Size, Kind, Creation Date, Last Used Date)
* Path names are now clickable and will Reveal in Finder
* Icons are now clickable and will show Finder Get Info panel
* Quick panels now have a search field to find items fast
* Help has been changed over to standard Apple format
* HUD panels now use a font that’s more easy to read
* Minor logging issues have been addressed and log location changed
* All-around code optimizations and cleanup, various miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes
* Searching has been improved and refined
* Orphans feature is more accurate (and can now be filtered by Last Used Date)
* Cleanup old PPC apps (and more) with new Quick panel Kind filtering
* Smother scrolling in Quick panels
* Various localization edits and improvements
* And more…
* Deletes Apps, Widgets, Preference Panes, Plugins, Screensavers, or anything that can be uninstalled and their associated items
* Completely rewritten and redesigned from the ground up
* Now with 64-bit performance
* New searching methods for the most accurate results ever
* Can delete single or multiple items even inside of folders
* Reorganized window operation for ease of use
* Finds associated items that are visible, invisible, or hidden automatically
* Major improvements in processing speed
* Quick search panels to help choose items for deletion
* Orphans feature to find and remove “orphaned” files
* Archive feature for safekeeping and transferring items to another Mac
* Preference to protect Default apps
* All past features are included and improved
There are various options to make your AppDelete Lite experience complete: Quick search panels to help choose items for deletion, an Orphans feature to search and delete orphaned files, various options in Preferences, and more. AppDelete Lite is a must-have utility for software tinkerers or beta testers and the perfect companion to any Mac fanatic’s toolbox.
AppDelete Lite supports language in U.S. English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, and Swedish.
* Mac OS X Version 10.6.6 Snow Leopard or later (Lion Compatible)
* Intel Mac and App Store
* 6.9 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
AppDelete Lite 3.2.2 is only $3.99 (USD) for purchase via the Mac App Store. It is also possible for AppDelete Lite users to upgrade to AppDelete for an additional $3.99 (USD) but only via the AppDelete/AppDelete Lite website.
Based in sunny Anaheim, California, Reggie Ashworth is an independent software developer whose passion for the Mac platform is only exceeded by his aim to craft simple, yet useful utilities. He is fanatical about total customer satisfaction. Copyright 2006-2011 Reggie Ashworth. All Rights Reserved. Apple, and the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.