Hit Game Word Soup® Lands on Mobile and Tablet March 20, 2013
Developed by Fuzzy Bug Interactive
After over 25 million plays in coin-op form, the addictive word game, Word Soup, comes to iOS, Android and Blackberry this month.
How do you play?
A strategic word creation game – clear the grid of scrambled letters by finding the longest words you can. Blocks disappear and fall down as you create words. Tactical play and clearing the grid will earn you big points and see you crowned king of the Soupers.
About Word Soup
Originally launched in 2003, Word Soup started life as a coin-op game
in pubs and bars across the UK. It quickly became one of the most popular games, eventually installed in 30,000 pubs and boasting over 25 million plays.
After launching on PC in 2004, the game was then selected by Microsoft in 2009 as a launch title for their Xbox 360 Indie Games initiative. It went on to seize the top spot in the launch week.
Now on Mobile and Tablet
Updated and optimised for mobile and tablet, Word Soup is tuned and ready for a new audience. Now you can take this addictive word game with you anywhere you go.
• Play using tilt! – Slide the tiles across the board to unlock new word making opportunities.
• Extra depth! – Three playing modes: Relaxed – Grab a cuppa and have some fun! / Timed – Be quick!
You’re on the clock / Brain Game – Longer words will keep your grid filled.
• Master the game! – Use tactical play to maximise your score – gain bonus points for using difficult letters,
creating long words and clearing the grid.
• Rule the world! – Check your progress with global high score tables.
• Show off! – Brag to your friends on Facebook about how clever and amazing you are!
“Smartphones, tablets and Word Soup are a match made in heaven. Whether you’re a fan of the original coin-op game or new to Word Soup, we guarantee you’re going to love it.” Scott Newby, Fuzzy Bug Interactive
• Developer: Fuzzy Bug Interactive
• Release date: March 20, 2013
• Recommended age: Anyone that can spell
• Genre: Word Puzzle
• Price: £1.49 UK, $1.99 US
• Available for: iPad, iPad2, iPad Mini / iPhone 5, 4S, 4,
3GS / iPod Touch 4, 5 / Blackberry Z10, Playbook / Android 3.0+
Want to get souping? Contact Eva or Helen for a review code now! Tell us what you think on Facebook or Twitter
￼￼￼￼About Fuzzy Bug
Fuzzy Bug Interactive is a small and fiercely independent game development studio based in Birmingham, England. Formed in 2003, they have topped the charts with games across various platforms, including Word Soup on Xbox 360 Indie Games and Haunting Mysteries: The Island of Lost Souls on PC.
DailyAppShow.Com provides video iPhone, iPad, Mac and Android App Reviews to help you discover new apps and make better app purchase decisions. Whether you are looking for iPhone App Reviews, iPad App Reviews, Android App Reviews or Mac App Reviews. We have you covered. Update! We are now posting Android Tablet App Reviews and Windows Phone App Reviews.
You will find our best app reviews and app demos in the Featured App Banner Section Above and the Featured App Section below. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for updates!